MU320 is the interface between conventional current and voltage transformers with IEC 61850-9-2LE Sampled Values, as well as integrating the control of switches via GOOSE.
The communication technology is increasingly widespread in the context of power networks, allowing the creation of efficient systems that meet the growing demand for high automation standards that power systems require. Reason MU320 Merging Unit takes a step forward towards the creation of the entirely digital substations; facilitating the connection of conventional current and voltage transformers with modern substation automation solutions through IEC 61850-9-2LE standard.
- IEC 61850-9-2LE (Sampled Values) compliant
- IEC 61850-8-1 (GOOSE) support
- Protection and Measurement Sampled Values profiles available.
- Reliability with the network redundancy protocol PRP (IEC 62439-3)
- Transfer time of GOOSE messages are within the Type 1A, performance class P1 (less than 3ms – IEC 61850-5)
- Configuration via Ethernet using front-end software with standardized SCL file.
- Synchronized via IRIG-B or PTP IEEE 1588
- High-speed and high-break output for circuit breaker command (less than 0.2 ms operating time)
- Reduces costs by drastic lowering the quantity of copper cables, which in turn, lowers the project complexity
- Less risk of opening CT circuit: signal is transmitted by messages over Ethernet network.
- Fully interoperable IEC 61850 IED
- Faulty protection rapid replacement: when the protective relay fails, switching to a new one is made without rewiring the panel.
- Reduced CT windings: Merging Unit enables the sharing of current signal.
- Reduced CT size: Merging Unit has a very low burden.
- Eliminates the need for supervision cables: communication is naturally supervised.
- Reduced project complexity: lowers drastically the amount of copper cables.